Microfluidics is a core capability of Sensera. A microfluidic device could be a pump, transfers fluids through inlet and outlet ports into designated places. It could also be a complicated micro-channel network, including channels, chambers, reservoirs, and additional features, with variations depending on the desired function and application, i.e. mixing, separation, filtration, detection, heating, droplet creation, etc.
Sensera has extensive experience in the development of microfluidic devices, especially for the application of medical and bioanalytical devices, to support our customers to build products that enable unprecedented monitoring, testing, and drug delivery that improve human health. Microfluidic devices are usually designed with specific requirements in size, structure, and surface properties. Our goal is to use our semiconductor knowledge and capabilities to enable the functionality of your design.
Medical Bioanalytical Devices
- Drug / analytical sensors
- Ocular implantable devices
- Microfabrication: Sensera offers Deposition, Lithography, and Etching processes with high accuracy at a sub-micron level. Sensera is able to deposit materials on top of the substrate in order to generate the desired surface properties using the Deposition process, transfer the design pattern from photomasks to substrates using the Lithography process, and build the desired structure by removing the unwanted material using the Etching process.
- Metrology: Sensera uses a wide range of equipment to perform the Metrology process. Through measuring Critical Dimension (CD), film properties, electrical properties, etc., during the critical steps of production, Sensera is able to precisely control the process output and the quality of customer products.
- Etching: Sensera is able to perform the Etching process with high selectivity. We have achieved a high aspect ratio of 50 in MEMS process to fulfill the most challenging requirements and build complex microstructures for our customers.
- Bonding: Sensera offers an aligned Bonding process to create hermeticity and Wafer Level Packaging (WLP) solutions. During the process, substrates are bonded together to fulfill the functionality of sealed devices. Furthermore, Sensera is able to create multifunctional layering based on customer design.
- Deposition: Sensera provides a Deposition process to create metal layers and dielectric layers on substrates. With extensive experience and knowledge in material science and MEMS manufacturing, Sensera is able to integrate Deposition, Lithography, and Etching to create the desired pattern of metal or other elements on the surface of customer devices.