3 November 2017
Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) Announcement
- Sensera secures NASDAQ-experienced semiconductor industry veteran Ralph Schmitt as Chief Executive Officer
- A consistent driver of revenue growth, financial performance and shareholder value at Toshiba, Cypress Semiconductor, Sipex and PLX Technology
Sensera Limited (ASX: SE1, “Sensera” or “the Company”), the leading designer and manufacturer of endto-end sensor solutions and services for the rapidly-growing Internet of Things (IoT) market, is pleased to announce that its Board of Directors has appointed Mr Ralph Schmitt as Chief Executive Officer effective 6 November 2017.
Ralph most recently was an Executive of Toshiba America Electronic Components, Inc. (TAEC), where he led the development of cognitive computing software and systems to leverage the Toshiba product portfolio which includes semiconductors and storage for industrial, telecommunications, healthcare, multimedia and transportation market applications.
Prior to his appointment at Toshiba, Ralph built an extensive executive career including EVP of Sales, Marketing and Business Development at Cypress Semiconductor (NASDAQ: CY), where he oversaw the acquisition of multiple companies and managed the company’s revenue growth to over US$1.4 billion.
After his time at Cypress, Ralph developed a record of accomplishment as a turnaround specialist and held multiple public company CEO roles. These roles included:
- The turnaround, relisting and sale of Sipex Corporation (NASDAQ: SIPX) and became CEO of its acquirer Exar Corporation (NYSE: EXAR).
- After Sipex, Ralph was CEO of PLX Technology (NASDAQ: PLXT), which became the global leader of PCI Express connectivity solutions, where he led the company’s sale to Broadcom.
- CEO of NASDAQ-listed OCZ Technology, a supplier of high performance SSD (Solid State Drive) products where he led the transition out of bankruptcy and ultimately sale to Toshiba.
In addition to his executive experience, Ralph has held multiple venture capital advisory and board roles in the hardware and software sectors over the past two decades. Ralph holds a BS in Electrical Engineering from Rutgers University and is fluent in German.